cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to LPC5526 via SWD from LPC-Link2

Jump to solution
kbetts
Contributor III

I am attempting to program an LPC5526 using a SWD connection from an LPC-Link2 using Rowley CrossStudio IDE. However, when I attempt to connect to the target the IDE reports "Can't find debug component in ROM table" or "Can't get debug register". I have compared the SWD communication when trying to connect to this processor to trying to connect via SWD to the processor on the LPCXpresso55S28 development board. I find that the two are the same until reading the IDR (identification) register, where the development board reports 0x84770001 whereas the processor I'm trying to program reports 0x00000000. The "ARM Debug Interface v5 Architecture Specification" document says "An IDR of zero indicates that no [access port] is present" (section 10.2.2).

I'm not sure how to proceed from here, so any insights are appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kbetts
Contributor III

It turned out to be  preprocessor definition; changing "CPU_LPC5526JBD100" to "CPU_LPC5526JEV98" to match the physical package of the processor fixed the problem. This is only referenced by the code once (in fsl_device_registers.h) where it doesn't make a difference but it seems to matter either to the compiler or the debugger.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kbetts
Contributor III

It turned out to be  preprocessor definition; changing "CPU_LPC5526JBD100" to "CPU_LPC5526JEV98" to match the physical package of the processor fixed the problem. This is only referenced by the code once (in fsl_device_registers.h) where it doesn't make a difference but it seems to matter either to the compiler or the debugger.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
kbetts
Contributor III

MCUXpresso has also been unable to program the processor. However, I have managed to mass erase it using the GUI Flash Tool. The errors when trying to program from MCUXpresso are attached.

I've compared the schematic and PCB design to AN13033 (Hardware Design Guidelines for LPC55(S)xx Microcontrollers) and the two seem to match.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Does your board can enter ISP mode? Try to enter ISP mode, then  use  GUI Flash Tool to erase.

Then create a new project based on lpc5526, not use lpc55s28 demo.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
RBlight
Contributor I

RBlight_0-1657632351553.png

It seems that our device identifies as a 'generic verification component' instead of a ROM table.  It is able to communicate though.  Why is this identification wrong?

0 Kudos
RBlight
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

We can't program via ISP because we have not pinned out any of the protocols for this.  We intend to program via SWD and then use a custom programmer to program via serial.

Our project was created for the LPC5526 but neither Rowley or Xpresso can connect.

Our programming header is copied from a working project which uses an LPC1313.  I have followed the guide that you linked for setting up the debug port correctly and everything looks good.  It also looks identical to the LPC55S28 dev board which I can program fine.

Can you offer any further advice?

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

From your screenshot, image successfully programed into flash:

Alice_Yang_0-1657692282952.png

What about "programming header" meaning, LPC5526 not same with lpc1313. Again recommend you crate a new project based on lpc5526, try to debug. 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos