Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth with LPC11U68

Jump to solution
Guy_mego
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm new to BLE with embedded development. On my board I have a MCU of LPC11U68 and MCU of Nordic nrf82805. I got from Fanstel a hex code when I burned it on the evaluation board with MCU nrf52805 I received data on the MCU of LPC, but when I burned it on Nordic MCU that on my board the data I received after its send with UART to the LPC is always 0. 
I checked with oscilloscope the lines and I see that the Nordic MCU received data from BLE, sent it to the LPC through its UART TX pin, and LPC received the data on its UART RX port, but when I checked the data with breakpoint in the program it always 0.

I'm using interrupts for the receiving data on UART.

What can be the root cause for this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Guy_mego,

You can download them from here: LPCOpen Software for LPC11XX (LPCXpresso LPC11U68 board).

If you are using MCUXpresso IDE, please follow the next steps for use and build the examples:

• After downloading the .zip file, open your IDE, and go to Import project(s) from file system…

RaulRomero_0-1673540743556.png

• Browse the .zip file you download it, then click Next

RaulRomero_1-1673540743559.png

• Check the box of the examples you want to test, and check too the lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_11u68 and lpc_chip_11u6x. These two contains files needed for the example to build correctly. Finally, we click on Finish.

RaulRomero_2-1673540743561.png

• Select the project you want to build, and try it out:

RaulRomero_3-1673540743565.png

Related at your code, it seems the configuration is good, nevertheless just for double check, please verify you setup/initialize the UART clock, and your pins for the USART1.

Best regards, Raul.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Guy_mego,

Just for double check, could you please take a look if you are using the right pins in both software and hardware?

Also, are you using the Nordic MCU for BLE and it's working? So your issue is only when you are trying to communicate with the LPC trough UART?

Finally, could you please try out the UART examples for the LPC11U68?

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
Guy_mego
Contributor II

Hi Raul,

I'm using the correct pin for USART1 (0,13) and (0,14) with altered function 4.
it seems that Nordic MCU is working, i think my issue is with USART1, since I connected the evaluation of Nordic to USART0 and I received the data, how since in my board it the chips are connected through USART1 pin it's not working.

My initialization for USART1 is attached.

can you please share with me the link of UART examples for the LPC11U68.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Guy_mego,

You can download them from here: LPCOpen Software for LPC11XX (LPCXpresso LPC11U68 board).

If you are using MCUXpresso IDE, please follow the next steps for use and build the examples:

• After downloading the .zip file, open your IDE, and go to Import project(s) from file system…

RaulRomero_0-1673540743556.png

• Browse the .zip file you download it, then click Next

RaulRomero_1-1673540743559.png

• Check the box of the examples you want to test, and check too the lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_11u68 and lpc_chip_11u6x. These two contains files needed for the example to build correctly. Finally, we click on Finish.

RaulRomero_2-1673540743561.png

• Select the project you want to build, and try it out:

RaulRomero_3-1673540743565.png

Related at your code, it seems the configuration is good, nevertheless just for double check, please verify you setup/initialize the UART clock, and your pins for the USART1.

Best regards, Raul.