Windows 7 unable to find COM driver for USB-KW24D512 using example SMAC Connectivity Test

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 unable to find COM driver for USB-KW24D512 using example SMAC Connectivity Test

Jump to solution
davidguinn
Contributor II

I have a USB-KW24D512, using it on a Windows 7 64-bit and I have programmed it with the example SMAC Connectivity Test(USB-KW24D512_SMAC_Connectivity Test.srec) which I should be able to connect through a COM port.  I'm getting a issue where Windows is unable to load the correct driver, using Update Drivers and manually selecting the path to search, ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\Drivers\ ), it is not finding it.  There is a installer in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\Drivers\USB-KW24D512 directory, dpinst64.exe, which I have successfully installed.  But Windows 7's device manager is still showing it as drivers for this device are NOT installed for the FREESCALE VIRTUAL COM. 

Device: USB-KW24D512

If you need more information, let me know.  How do I fix this?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidguinn
Contributor II

I figured out the issue, it appears the drivers included with the BeeKit installer ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\Drivers\USB-KW24D512 ) are a older version and Windows 7 doesn't accept them.  If you download the USB-KW24D512 Board Support Package​ and Browse to the Drivers directory where it is installed and point it at the Drivers directory, it will instsall correctly and then work as expected.  I was then able to connect the HyperTerminal to it and get the Connectivity Test menu and interact with it.

The BeeKit installed "fsl_ucwnt.inf"

The Support Package installed "fsl_ucwxp.inf"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
davidguinn
Contributor II

I figured out the issue, it appears the drivers included with the BeeKit installer ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\Drivers\USB-KW24D512 ) are a older version and Windows 7 doesn't accept them.  If you download the USB-KW24D512 Board Support Package​ and Browse to the Drivers directory where it is installed and point it at the Drivers directory, it will instsall correctly and then work as expected.  I was then able to connect the HyperTerminal to it and get the Connectivity Test menu and interact with it.

The BeeKit installed "fsl_ucwnt.inf"

The Support Package installed "fsl_ucwxp.inf"

0 Kudos