Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual com SDK demo app

Jump to solution
maciejrogozinsk
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to run USB CDC virtual com demo app on FRDMKL27Z board. I followed the instructions from pdf (from SDK 1.3), built KSDK platform and USB core libraries for MKL27Z644. Demo app from bare metal builds correctly (with ARM GCC 4.9.3 20150529), but there is no output. Windows 10 crashes on connection to COM port, on OSX and Linux (Arch & Korora) terminal is silent - no character appears in terminal and nothing is echoed. There is no output on debug console either.  GDB shows that app is endlessly looping in OSA_Start and the only task in g_taskListHead is  (task_t) 0x0 <__isr_vector>. Virtual_Com_App function is never entered.

Did I miss a step? Does anyone know how to make the demo app work?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciej,

The USB CDC demo and USB driver provided can work well on the Windows XP or Windows 7, and the USB stack develop AE tole me that the USB CDC demo and USB driver hadn't supported the  Windows 10, OSX and Linux.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciej,

The USB CDC demo and USB driver provided can work well on the Windows XP or Windows 7, and the USB stack develop AE tole me that the USB CDC demo and USB driver hadn't supported the  Windows 10, OSX and Linux.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
maciejrogozinsk
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for this information. I even managed to get the example working on Win8!

One more question: Is there a limit on the achievable data rate?

0 Kudos