cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download KSDK V1.0.0 required for TWR-K24F120M demos

nick_utrc
Contributor I

Hello,

I've been looking for a location to download KSDK V1.0.0 that fully supports the demo code that is part of the TWR-K24F120M board. Versions 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 (latest) of the SDK don't have the correct file structure or support files present so I'm unable to compile and run the demo code for the TWR-K24F120M. I'm using KDS V3.0.0.

Looking at V1.1.0, it looks close to having what is needed, but still appears to be missing files.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nicholas,

do you have large project in KSDK 1.0 and want to migrate to new version? Or what is the reason to use KSDK 1.0?

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

nick_utrc
Contributor I

Iva,

It looks like the director structures have changed between KSDK versions v.1.0.0, 1.1.0 and 1.2.0.

Since the TWR-K24F120M project was built around the directory structure of v.1.0.0, the project won’t compile using v1.1.0 or later because the header files are not in the correct location. I would rather have V1.0.0 than hunt for header files.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nicholas Soldner,

If you have a project which is written in KSDK 1.0 you should migrate your project to KSDK 1.2.

Since new version KSDK 1.2. we recommend to use this version because of support new MCUs (KSDK 1.0. has support only for 5 boards, after that you need standalone versions), added peripheral support (FLEXIO, XBAR, FLEXBUS....).

Also you can test new examples (power_manager_hal_demo, power_manager_rtos_demo) and and driver examples (cmp, pit, i2c, gpio.. ) created for your MCU.

In difference with KSDK 1.0, KSDK 1.2 devices directory contains device specific (not CMSIS compliant) header files which provide direct access to the Kinetis MCU peripheral registers.

I´m attaching you the guide for SDK Migration created for IAR IDE.

I hope this helps,

Iva

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicholas.

The latest version of KDS is  KDS 3.0 , the latest KSDK version is KSDK1.2 , and we recommend you use the latest version.

Yes , the structure of KSDK 1.2  is different from KSDK 1.0.

And do you need the TWR-K24F120M demo of KSDK 1.2 ?   Does this can satisfy your ned  ?  ->    ...Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\twrk24f120m .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

nick_utrc
Contributor I

Thanks, Alice

I would really like to get the “twrk24f120m_quick_start_demo” code to compile in KSDK1.1.2 without fixing all of the directory errors. Do you have a version of the twrk24f120m_quick_start_demo that has been known to compile out of the box with KDS 3.0 and KSDK1.1.2? If so, that would be greatly appreciated.

The examples provided as part of the KSDK1.1.2 for the twr-k24f120m are very limited in comparison.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicholas.

So  which demo do you need ? Or about what ? Please  give me an example.

BR

Alice                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

0 Kudos