cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Audio Host Demo on Kinetis platform

ajaypatel
Contributor I

Hello All,

I am working on demo which requires to receive the audio data from the USB Host stack and process audio data using SGTL5000. I am using USB Host stack from KSDK1.3. I have work around the KSDK1.3 and found that there are USB Audio demos but all are based on USB Device Stack. I want to support the audio data receive over isochronous pipe using USB Host.

Does any one know about any documentation on How to add USB_CLASS_AUDIO support in USB Host stack ?

Is there any pre-exist demo available for this configuration ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ajay-

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajay.

Thank you for your question. But I need some more additional information.

Please,

• what device do you use?
  • can you describe deeper your project? I am not sure, if I understand well your issue.

Please, did you check USB Audio Speaker Host Demo?  USB Host speaker is located under c:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\host\audio\speaker\

Please, let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

ajaypatel
Contributor I

Hello Iva,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes. I have checked the USB Host speaker demo in KSDK1.3. This demo is basically prepared the audio data from the buffer which is dump into FLAH and then send them to USB speaker using USB Host stack. Here, the demo is not receive any audio data from the USB Host stack instead it sends to USB Host Stack. So this demo will not be used for my test application.

My primary requirement is to receive the audio data from the USB Host Stack, copy audio data in audio buffer and perform the DMA operation to copy the audio buffer data to I2S. So Flow like this as below :

Audio Device -> Accessory ( Kinetis HW ) -> Audio buffer -> DMA -> I2S.

I am using Kinetis TWR-K65 for my test application.

Thanks,

Ajay-

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajay.

Please, can you check KSDK 2.0 for TWR-K65F180M? You can download it from http://kex.freescale.com/

and new example,which is improved from KSDK1.3 ? The demo is located under

C:\Freescale\KSDK 2.0\SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\boards\twrk65f180m\usb_examples\usb_device_audio_speaker\freertos

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos