Touch Sensing Software with the KSDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Sensing Software with the KSDK

davidfindlay
Contributor III

I am trying to install Touch Sensing Software to use with my KL16x project. The project is using KSDK 2.0. It seems the Touch Sensing Software will only install if you have KSDK 1.2, which I cannot seem to obtain. How am I meant to proceed? I cannot even take a look at the source unless I can install it. And then I need to tackle either modifying the Touch code to use KSDK 2.0's driver or using the 1.2 driver for the TSI_V4 module.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I downloaded KSDK_v2 for KL16 and it has a touch example:

C:\NXP\KSDK_v2\SDK_2.0_MKL16Z128xxx4_KDS\boards\frdmkl26z\driver_examples\tsi_v4\normal

Can you use it?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

davidfindlay
Contributor III

Hi David.

Thanks for the reply. I had already successfully ported that example. But I am finding that the capacitive measurements are always fluctuating over time and that when I press the buttons the amount of increase is always changing from day to day. As a result my own button code is somewhat unreliable.I can set a threshold from the calibration value to represent a button press but if I ask another user to press the button or wait until the next day I will get a new experience and I have to set new thresholds.

I am looking for software that can do more sofisticated signal processing and apply different filters. My understanding was that the NXP Touch Software does some of these things. But I can't even get a look at the source code because the installer wants ksdk 1.2. My hope was that I would be able to at least install the touch software and port the code to use the 2.0 driver. Or alternatively I could allow the touch software to use the ksdk 1.2 Tsi driver for this peripheral. But neither option is available.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David

The good news is that the library based on SDK2.0 will be released before the end of this month.

Our developers are doing more testing and updating the documentation before making this public available.

Best Regards
Fiona Kuang
TIC - Technical Information Center

0 Kudos

davidfindlay
Contributor III

Is this software available somewhere? The MCUexpresso SDK for the kl16 does not include any touch middleware. And yet it was to be imminently released back in 2016.

0 Kudos

davidfindlay
Contributor III

That is good news. I hope that release date is not delayed. I need a solution soon.

0 Kudos