cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Flash, installing filesystem

hetul
Contributor I

Hello,

I am in process of porting CW 10.6, MQX 4.1 code to KSDK 1.2.0.  We had previously used MQX io drivers and installed partition manager and MFS on it.  But with KSDK I am not sure how to implement this.  I have ported io drivers into new NIO driver but with lack of documentation i'm not able to tell if i have done it correctly.

I am able to install (using _nio_dev_install) my custom drivers to NIO and open it but when I try to install MFS OR partition manager and try to open, it return an unknown error.

Does anyone have an example of filesystem on top of SPI Flash or documentation on how to add custom drivers into MQX NIO? Any help or how to implement suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Hetul,

Please check the document attached,

For driver examples please check the below path: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples

I suggest you the dspi example located at the path: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples\dspi

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hetul
Contributor I

Hello Sol,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I have gone through those documents before, my problem isn't with the KSDK's hal/peripheral drivers.  I am using DSPI to read/write to the flash and that part is working okay.  The problem i am running into is when i use custom drivers (read/write/ioctl etc) for nIO subsystem. The API is different between classic MQX posix-compliant IO subsystem and MQX for KSDK's nIO subsystem.  So i am thinking the reason why i am not able to install partition manager on the nIO driver is due to my error somewhere in porting of drivers from IO to nIO.

Is it possible to get some documentation on how to write custom nIO driver? or some API reference that will help.  I have tried to follow "nio_mem" driver under "${KSDK_PATH}/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/nio/drivers" source but i believe there is still something i am not getting right and thus can't get this to work.

Thank You,

Hetul

0 Kudos