SMC_HAL_SetMode porblems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC_HAL_SetMode porblems

tedmawson
Contributor III

I'm trying to use the SMC_HAL_Setmode command in KDS 1.3.0 for my KL03 project to change power mode but it has a warning associated with it on compile

I first defined the parameters for smc_power_configuration as follows:

// Setup the parameters for smc power configuration

smc_power_mode_config_t smc_power_cfg_VLPS =

{

.powerModeName = kPowerModeVlps, // Set the desired power mode

.stopSubMode = kSmcStopSub3, // Set the sub-mode but I think this is not relevant for VLPS

};

The other config parameters were either non-applicable to my KL03 or I didn’t need them for the VLPS mode.

I then issued the command to change the processor to VLPS mode similar to the instructions on page 19 of AN4503

SMC_HAL_SetMode(SMC_BASE, &smc_power_cfg_VLPS);

but there's a warning in the left margin that expands to... "passing argument 1 of 'SMC_HAL_SetMode' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]"

The code runs but I don't think it's working properly (because the power usage doesn't drop significantly) and the warning message is worrying because I don't understand what it's trying to tell me.

Have I missed something or done something wrong?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ted,

The warning is a type-cast issue.  If you look at the API declaration, the first parameter is of type (SMC_Type *)

smc_hal_error_code_t SMC_HAL_SetMode(SMC_Type * base,

const smc_power_mode_config_t *powerModeConfig);

Your code passes SMC_BASE

SMC_HAL_SetMode(SMC_BASE, &smc_power_cfg_VLPS);

Looking at the device header file below, you can use SMC_BASE_PTR or SMC instead to include the type-casting

/* SMC - Peripheral instance base addresses */

/** Peripheral SMC base address */

#define SMC_BASE                                 (0x4007E000u)

/** Peripheral SMC base pointer */

#define SMC ((SMC_Type *)SMC_BASE)

#define SMC_BASE_PTR (SMC)

/** Array initializer of SMC peripheral base addresses */

#define SMC_BASE_ADDRS { SMC_BASE }

/** Array initializer of SMC peripheral base pointers */

#define SMC_BASE_PTRS { SMC }

That should remove the warning.  I’m not sure if that will fix the application and lower the power consumption for you.  But you can refer to the low-power example in KSDK for entering any of the low-power modes, including VLPS.  It’s located at C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmkl03z\demo_apps\power_manager_hal_demo.  The example uses the KSDK power manager, but the power manager calls the SMC HAL APIs if you want to reference that.

Thanks

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To add to Derek's reply....make sure the debugger cable/hardware has been disconnected and application runs without debugger to see power changes.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos