cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card initialization

matthias
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to get an SD card working. I am using KDS3.0/KSDK1.2.0 with Processor Expert and MQX. The hardware uses a 1bit bus and it looks like the maximum clock frequency should be below 10 MHz.
I tried to use SDCARD_DRV_Init() to initialize the card without success. When I look at the code I see that in SDCARD_DRV_InitSd() the clock is hard coded to 25 MHz and for some reason my host thinks it supports a 4 bit bus (see picture below). The SD card component uses the fsl_sdhc component and in KSDK1.1.0 it was possible to configure the bus witdh but this PExpert item has disappeared in KSDK1.2.0. But anyway, even if I auto initialise fsl_sdhc in Cpu.c it seems that the configurations I make there are completely ignored and overwritten when SDCARD_DRV_Init() is called. For example, I have set the bus clock to 2 MHz but as said the clock is hard coded to 25 MHz in SDCARD_DRV_InitSd().

37098_37098.pngpastedImage_0.png

Can anyone give some hints how to properly configure the SD card driver? The KSDK Reference Manual does not give much useful information here.

Regards

Matthias

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello matthias,

please, can you attach whole project?

Many thanks,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

matthias
Contributor III

Hello Iva,

thanks for your reply. The SD card functionality is part of a larger project that I cannot give access to. I got the SD card working now by bypassing Processor Expert and the KSDK SD card drivers, and using MQX with MFS following the example KSDK_1.2.0\middleware\filesystem\mfs\examples\sdcard\Shell_Task.c. However, if you know of any example that is using Processor Expert and MQX/MFS you can let me know.

Regards

Matthias

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello matthias,

I´m very sorry for my late response.

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no the example.But if I/someone else create this example in future, I will let you know.

Have a great day!

Iva

0 Kudos