Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem KSDK and Platform_Lib

Jump to solution
juanruiz
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have a problem trying to make the platform_lib work. I am working on a project on which I need to use FreeRTOS and LPUART at the same time. I added the platform_lib and made the LPUART work perfectly, but the FreeRTOS didn't start properly. Then I changed to the platform_freertos_lib and the FreeRTOS worked perfectly, but the LPUART stopped sending messages. Everytime I add both of the libs, only the first one is taken into account. What am I doing wrong? .

Thanks in advance for your help. You guys are an amazing community.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
juanruiz
Contributor II

Hi,

Moral of the story: When using RTOS, the interruptions are not activated until you start the OS.

Actually I tried this, but every time I tried, I was leaving the lpuart state variable inside main{} and it was not accessible to the tasks.

Anyway, I leaned a lot today.

Thanks, everybody.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
juanruiz
Contributor II

Hi,

Moral of the story: When using RTOS, the interruptions are not activated until you start the OS.

Actually I tried this, but every time I tried, I was leaving the lpuart state variable inside main{} and it was not accessible to the tasks.

Anyway, I leaned a lot today.

Thanks, everybody.

0 Kudos
juanruiz
Contributor II

Hi everyone. Quick update.

After tinkering a little with the code, I understood how the platform_lib works. Now I know that they should be the same, with the difference that each library is implemented with a different RTOS. I also tracked the problem down and found out that the reason why the UART is not sending any information is because the LPUART0_IRQHandler is not being called when I use the freertos platform library. Why could this be?

Thanks!

Best regards,

0 Kudos
juanruiz
Contributor II

Hi Iva,

I forgot to give those details. I'm working with a FRDM_KL43Z and Kinetis SDK 1.3.

Thank you,

Juan

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Juan!

Please, what do you use for the board/MCU?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos