cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSA with Baremetal in KSDK1.2 & KDS3.0

thiagopalmieri
Contributor III

Hello,

I am just wandering how OSA works without a RTOS underlayer?

Can I implement 2 or more "tasks" using OSA with a baremetal "OS" below it? How would this work?

I am asking this because I am trying to run two "tasks" implemented in OSA, but it seems that the second "task" is never executed.

Is this possible? If so, do you have some example ? I am using KL43Z if that matters........

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thiago,

The OSA provides some services besides OS services. E.g. OSA_TimeDelay(). In this case OSA will call a different implementation of this function depending on the KSDK library that you are using/setting in menu Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Cross ARM C Linker > Miscellaneous > Other objects. You can choose a library for baremetal project or for an Operating system form next path: C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\lib

If you are using the MQX library OSA_TimeDelay() will call _time_delay() function from MQX, but if you are ksdk_platform_lib and no OS it will call a function that is a simple empty loop.

But if you want to develop a multitasking operation then you need to use an OS because the OSA layer does not provide scheduler by itself.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos