cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis SDK 2.x project in KDS

dotangoldberg
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using FRDM-K64F evaluation board, SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F and KDS IDE in Linux ubuntu environment

When I'm using Kinetis wizard for a new IDE project, the compiled binary result is much bigger then similar project from the RTOS example or just plan C/C++ project with the same content

The different is very big, for example
The freeRTOS i2c example binary would be ~250k
Kinetis wizard new project with freeRTOS and minimal set of drivers would be ~800k (same drivers as the i2c example )
Kinetis wizard new project without RTOS and minimal set of drivers would be ~600k

the k24 family evaluation board should be FRDM-K64F, but some of the k24 family MCU's do not have enough flash to contain the wizard empty project...

What makes the different size when using the wizard for SDK 2.x ?

Thanks,
Dotan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dotan.

I just tested sdk2.0 freertos_i2c_frdmk64f and also SDK2.0+rtos and SDK2.0+no_rtos project. here is the size of the generated code.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

I also attached the video for the process of build.

Please specify where is the problem you referred to?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos