KSDK v1.2.0 - Error with Compilation Terminated!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK v1.2.0 - Error with Compilation Terminated!

Deejay
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to import an example project into KDS and trying to build and debug on a FRDM-K22F brd.

31916_31916.pngpastedImage_0.png

During build it stops in the middle of execution with the following error message. What am I doing wrong?

31917_31917.pngpastedImage_2.png

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
13 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Devan Jeyadevan:

I guess you have not imported and built the required library projects (ksdk_mqx_lib, mqx_frdmk22f, mqx_stdlib_frdmk22f).

Please follow the KDS Getting Started Guide in your KSDK installation:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\doc\rtos\mqx\MQX RTOS IDE Guides\MQX-KSDK-KDS-Getting-Started.pdf

If you still face issues please do not hesitate in letting us know.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deejay
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for responding me and pointing me in the right direction. Yes I missed those essential bits to include in the build.

I've imported those library projects and tried but I still get the error message. See here. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

DJ

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Devan,

It looks you linked bad libraries.

Maybe easiest way in this case could be with importing .wsd file.

WSD files are only supported for MQX RTOS projects.

Please, delete your files in your workspace.

Just in KDS 3.0 go to File -> Import

KDS1.png

Find the demo, which you want to use (in your case hello demo for frdmk22f)

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\rtos\mqx\mqx\examples\hello\build\kds\hello_frdmk22f

2.png

And import all needed libraries

3.png

after that you will see

4.png

Please, tell me, if it is ok and if it is help you.

Best Regards,

Iva

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

Hello Iva,

Thanks for taking time to look at my question, very much appreciated!

Yes, your suggestion is simpler I agree. However, the outcome is the same and am seeing the errors again.

I must also explain how different versions of KDS and KSDK react to this particular sample project "hello world".

KDS v3.0.0 / KSDK v1.2.0

I don't even have to build the project as soon as I imported the project files I see these 6 warnings, and if i try to ignore the warnings and compile them then it will lead me to the errors that I explained earlier.

pastedImage_3.png

KDS v3.0.0 / KSDK v1.1.0

Again, this combination is also producing errors as per the below screen capture!

pastedImage_8.png

KDS v2.0.0 / KSDK v1.1.0

Finally, the combination of earlier versions (KDS v2.0.0 and KSDK v1.1.0) seem to work.

pastedImage_10.png

It would be helpful if I can get this running with the current versions (KDS v3.0.0/KSDk v1.2.0).

Thanks again.

Cheers!

DJ

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devan Jeyadevan,

it could be problem with paths.

Please, can you check your paths ?

By right click on your project > Properties

kds.png

and check paths for your project.

compiler.png

linker.png

paths.png

paths2.png

Thank you,

please, tell me the result.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

Hi Iva,

See below. Thanks.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

Hi Iva,

Is this invalid location for those files causing the problem? Thanks.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devan,

The Linked Resources path errors have paths pointing to KSDK_1.1.0 path layout.  Weird!

The board files should lead to a path C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk22f for KSDK_1.2.0.

Are you using version control or other software that might have messed with files/projects?

Hate to say but you might want to uninstall and re-install from scratch.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

G'day David!

Thanks for looking into it.

I've posted two screen shots of Linked Resources above and each belongs to a different version of the KDS. The second screen shot with KDS v2.0.0 and KSDK v1.1.0 works fine, no issue at all. The issue is with KDS v3.0.0 basically and regardless of which version of KSDK (v1.2.0 or v1.1.0) is used with it produces this error. So when you say "the Linked Resources path errors have paths pointing to KSDK_1.1.0 path layout", are you referring to the 2nd screen shot? Because this works fine though, just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Devan,

It looks you import example from KSDK 1.1 - because if I see your screenshot again (with Invalid Location), in KSDK 1.2 there is no folder boards.

This folder is for KSDK 1.1. (please see below). It looks as some remains from KSDK 1.1

pastedImage_0.png

and there is difference. There is no boards for 1.2.

ksdk.png

So, please, can you try to modify your path for your invalid location?

Just select the file, click edit and try to find the files manually.

dac.png

Just notice, please, have you installed eclipse update for KSDK to KDS?

I mean:

pastedImage_3.png

eclipse2.png

Please, tell me if it helps.

Best Regards,

Iva

Deejay
Contributor III

Hi Iva and David,

Sorry to say but I'm not so lucky with all of your worthwhile suggestions except taking the hard road as David suggested earlier. I uninstalled both the versions of KSD (v2.0 & v3.0) and KSDKs (v1.1.0 & v1.2.0) and installed back KDS v3.0 and KSDK v1.2.0, installed all the sw updates, etc. This fixed the issue now and all seem to work now. :smileyhappy:

Now I can build, link, debug and run the program. However, there is a warning that might be further looked into if you could. See the 2nd screen shot further below for details.

Once again, thanks heaps to both of you for taking time to resolve this issue for me and I must say that I learnt a few things along the way as I was trying all those good suggestions.

Have a great day folks!:smileyhappy:

Cheers!

Devan

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_6.png

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devan,

please and do you use new workspace for your new KDS?

I mean separate workspace for KDS 2.0 and new workspace for KDS 3.0.

Please, check PARENT_LOCK and WORKSPACE_LOC in Properties->Resource->Linked Resources for your project in KDS 3.0 and for older KDS 2.0.

check.png

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

Hello Iva,

Yes I do use separate work spaces for both versions. Pls see below.

This is for KDS v3.0.0.

pastedImage_0.png

This is for KDS v2.0.0.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos