cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing USB CDC virtual com on a custom board

olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi

I am trying to add USB virtual com port to a custom board using the MK66FX controller. I have searched the forum and internet, but have not succeeded in finding any good instructions on how to do this. There are a lot of information about usb on Kinetic, but most seems to be for evaluation boards or older versions of the SDK no longer supported.

I am using:

KDS3.0

KSDK1.3

MQX Standard

For the moment my project contains the following USB related components:

133917_133917.pngpastedImage_1.png

133918_133918.pngpastedImage_2.png

This compiles and runs, but not surprisingly nothing exciting happening.

There is obviously missing a lot to complete the CDC virtual com function, but I am a little stuck and hope that someone can point me in the right direction to go from here, or maybe I have already started out the wrong way?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Olav Birkeland,

The latest ksdk 2.0 support FRDM-K66F , so maybe you can use it as a starting point for your custom board.

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Kan

NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

Have a look here, it may give you some tips.

CDC | Centaurian

0 Kudos

olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Thanks this was exactly what I was looking for.

However, it still does not work.

When I try to add the fsl_debug_console to my project, I get the following error from PE:

“Common using “fsl_debug_console” and “MQX Standart” RTOS version components is not allowed. “MQX Standard” RTOS component contains own serial “nio” debug console driver”

Is it not possible to have use fsl_debug_console when running MQX standard?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olav,

Standard MQX does has its own printf/scanf/etc.. functions and does not work with debug_console component.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos