I have the FRDM-K64F.  TCP/IP demos require that I enter my PC's IP address.  I would like the demo to respond to the source port IP address of the node that sends to it.  Do you have a demo that does that?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the FRDM-K64F.  TCP/IP demos require that I enter my PC's IP address.  I would like the demo to respond to the source port IP address of the node that sends to it.  Do you have a demo that does that?

ericstrohbehn
Contributor I

I have the FRDM-K64F.  The Kinetis SDK v.1.2.0 TCP/IP demos require that I enter my PC's IP address.  I would like the demo to respond to the source port IP address of the node that sends packets to it.  Do you have a demo that does that?

Why are all the Ethernet demos written so the FRDM-K64F communicates only with a local PC using Ethernet?

Thanks,

Eric

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eric,

I just got the feedback, the design team told setting ip address for PC is for the convenience of demonstration, you know, the demo needs board to be connected with PC directly, so they have to be kept in the same network segment, so that they can communicate each other. but if they connect thru some network which has DHCP server, no needs to configure PC's IP address, but the board or the embedded application needs DHCP client application code, which supports by LwIp already, you may find the related APIs in C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\middleware\tcpip\lwip\src\core\dhcp.c, but there is no demo for it, customers have to add the code by themselves, sorry for the inconvenience that might cause.

For more details regarding LwIp APIs, please kindly refer to lwIP 1.3.0  .

Hope that helps ,

Have a great day,
Kan

Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eric,

I am checking with the KSDK team if such kind of demo is available, and will let you know when I have any feedback. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos