cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reenumerate a USB device?

laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Hi guys,

I'd like to reenumerate my USB device as a different device. What's the "official" way to reenumerate it?

Thanks in advance!

- Laci

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Laci,

It usually needs an application running on the PC, and the application sends a request to the USB device when it needs to reenumerate the device . Our DFU demo provides such kind of application for your reference, Please kindly refer to the following links for details.

AN4370:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4370.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=2&pageNum=1

AN4370SW:

Software to Accompany AN4370

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Thank you for the answer, Kan!

I've looked into the documentation and the source code that you linked, but they seem rather broad in scope. I'm fairly familiar with USB and can listen to requests. The trick is to actually reenumerate the device itself. I'd like know what are the relevant KSDK USB APIs to use for this purpose. For example, given the KSDK generic HID demo, which functions should I call?

Cheers!

- Laci

0 Kudos