Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert project MQX KSDK beta to 1.1.0

Jump to solution
hervegarat
Contributor II

Hi All,

I installed KDS 2.0.0 and SDK 1.1.0, to upgrade my toolcahin KDS 1.1.0 and SDK 1.0.0 beta.

I would like to know if it's possible to convert processor expert project created in SDK 1.0.0 beta to SDK 1.1.0.

I hope there is an issue cause I have important project that I would like to use with stable SDK.

Thankes in advance.

Hervé

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Herve,

That is correct, KSDK 1.1.0 components are not compatible with KSDK 1.0.0 components. Now the only option is to create new components.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Carlos

Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi GARAT,

In general, your project created before could be directly be built in KDS 2.0.0 with KDS 1.1.1.

But, sometime, there might be some path information need to be modified.

And, for KDS difference, some API name might be changed in the new KDS version.

But, even in this case, the project can be converted to KDS2.0.0 by a little modification of your code.

0 Kudos
hervegarat
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

The compatibility between KDS 1.1.0 and KDS 2.0.0 seems to be OK.

The problem is the compatibility between SDK 1.0.0 and 1.1.0

My project use Processor expert, and all the components are grey... in the "problem" view I have this message: "Please install corresponding service-pack that supports 1.0.0-GA Kinetis SDK for selected component".

There is not a simple(and reliable) way to convert a project from SDK 1.0.0 to 1.1.0.

Thanks in, advance

Hervé

0 Kudos
Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Herve GARAT,

Could you please upload a screen-shot of the issue (showing the greyed out components). I don't think this is is a issue of compatibility issue.

This should be an configuration issue of SDK.

And please let me also know your way you developed your SDK 1.0.0 project and how to import it to KDS v2.0.0.

You also mentioned that you are using both SDK and Processor Expert and MQX. In general, SDK drivers and Processor Expert generated driver share the same code, so, we do not suggest using SDK and PE at same time to avoid conflict unless you are using MQX.

0 Kudos
hervegarat
Contributor II

Hi Yong,

I can't make a screen-shot because I re-installed SDK 1.0.0 (I need to work..).

I created  a project using New->Kinetis Design Studio Project... and I checked the options to use "Kinetis SDK" and "Processor Expert"Capture du 2015-01-21 08_37_35.png.

I use MQX.

To "import" the project to KDS 2.0.0 I don't did anything. I installed KDS 2.0.0 and I have reopen it and the project worked fine.

However, when I installed SDK 1.1.0, all my component was grey.

Do you tried to create a project under "beta" version,KDS 1.1.0 and SDK 1.0.0 , and after to use it with KDS 2.0.0 and SDK 1.1.0?

regards.

Hervé

0 Kudos
Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Herve GARAT,

Thanks for your reply!

I've also tried on my side by using KDS v1.1 with KSDK 1.0 to create an project with Processor Expert and KSDK drivers.

in fact, the projects with only Processor Expert and project with both SDK and PE has some difference in the display of Components.

that is might be cause of the problem.

Could you please let me know which component was grey?

PS, using Processor Expert together with SDK is not recommended.

0 Kudos
hervegarat
Contributor II

Hi Yong,

the greys components was:

- fsl_i2c

- fsl_uart

- fsl_adc

- fsl_gpio

- fsl_rtc

- fsl_dspi

- fsl_flextimer

You said: "using Processor Expert together with SDK is not recommended." Humm? by who?  freescale?

In the processor expert view there is "Kinetis SDK" components who seems to be made specifically for the association of PEx and KSDK, I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance for your repply, because your words are a bit troubling.

Hervé

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Herve,

Processor Expert components in KDS1.1  and KDS2.0 are not compatible. As said, the best way is to create a new KDS2.0 project and copy all your source files, unfortunately you will need to configure your components again and there is not a simple way of porting them by the moment.

I dont see any problem using PEx and KSDK. If you select both option the PEx components for KSDK will be enabled. If you dont select KSDK then the classic LDD driver will be enabled. Note that you will not be able to use the classic LDD drivers if you select KSDK.

You can find PEx Issues and Limitations in the Release Notes:

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\PEx_KDS_2_0_0_Release_Notes.pdf

If you have any question please let me know.

Regards,

Carlos

hervegarat
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your response.

I use KDS 2.0.0 and, my project created with KDS 1.1.0 works perfectly.

The problem is when I try to use KSDK 1.1.0 instead of KSDK 1.0.0.

What I understand is that there is no other issue than create new components?

Regards,

Hervé

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Herve,

That is correct, KSDK 1.1.0 components are not compatible with KSDK 1.0.0 components. Now the only option is to create new components.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Herve GARAT,

maybe it can be simpler, if you create new project.

But I ask for a possible way, if there is an option of converting.

Iva

0 Kudos
hervegarat
Contributor II

Hi Iva,

I have 33  components created, so if there is an other way than create new project It will be better for me!

Thanks.

Hervé

0 Kudos