How do I set up an event handler for FTM / PWM fault interrupts with SDK 1.3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up an event handler for FTM / PWM fault interrupts with SDK 1.3?

lancefisher
Contributor III

I'm trying to migrate a project from a DSP  and CW / PE to a Kinetis KV series part using KDS and SDK.  In the original code I had an event handler for faults on the PWM / timer peripheral and I can't find anything in the SDK API (Driver or HAL) that supports this for the FTM peripheral.   The only way I can see to implement this is a bunch of direct accesses to the FTM hardware registers which would defeat the whole purpose of the SDK.  Anyone have a better idea?

BTW, I'm also finding that the documentation for the SDK API is extremely inadequate (KSDK13APIRM) and the help function in KDS is even worse.  Is there any better documentation for the SDK API?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,Lance,

Regarding your question, there is a DOC for the SDK1.3, pls read the "Kinetis SDK v.1.3 API Reference Manual.pdf ", located at:D:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\doc

Regarding your question about the "an event handler for faults on the PWM / timer peripheral", in the SDK1.3 tools, there is not any event handler for FTM which is called in the ISR. The SDK1.3 define the void FTM_DRV_IRQHandler ( uint32_t instance ) function, as you know there is only one interrupt vector for each FTM module, you have to check the interrupt source and write corresponding code in the above function.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos