cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSL UART Driver in Blocking Mode with MQX

Jump to solution
tomtalkington
Contributor III

I am using the FSL UART Driver in blocking mode with MQX as the RTOS.  When the IRQ posts to the rxIrqSync semaphore a hard fault is generated.  Have spent three days troubleshooting this problem and have run out of ideas as to what to try next. The _lwsem_post code executes to the _CHECK_RUN_SCHEDULER() function where the hard fault occurs.

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tomtalkington
Contributor III

After posting this I saw similar posts rewarding this issue which were also unanswered.  In my case I ditched MQX and went to FreeRTOS and now with the same code I no longer have the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tomtalkington
Contributor III

After posting this I saw similar posts rewarding this issue which were also unanswered.  In my case I ditched MQX and went to FreeRTOS and now with the same code I no longer have the issue.

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Tom,

If your application is confidential or complex, can you develop a simple example which can duplicate the issue and attach your simple example project here so that we can test on our board. I have installed KDS, CW and IAR tools.

It is difficult to estimate the root cause without debugging. In general, when you access a memory which is out of range or you access a peripheral register whose clock is disabled..., the hardware fault will happen.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos