Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinky project using KDS 3.0  SDK  1.2 without processor expert

Jump to solution
carlostadeoorte
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to boostrap a project on for Freedom KL03z  KDS + SKD without processor expert.    While PE is awesome, it doesn't come too natural to me. I a not too fond of GUI's and I like to know what is happening under the hood at all times. I find it kind of difficult to follow the PE c-generated code. The HAL interface of the SDK is small enough and self-contained that I feel comfortable using it.

Anyway, I am trying to do a project using KDS + SDK without processor expert.  I found this element14 tutorial that is great:

http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-69371/l/frdm-k64f-kinetis-design-studio-kds-software-dev...

However the paths are quite different and when I "adjusted" it for KDS3 and SKD1.2 it looks really hacky and I ended up making a lot of "manual fixes".

Do you know if there is similar tutorial for the new releases?

If not, I guess I'll need to make it , but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you,

-Carlos

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carlos:

Try with this tutorial:

Writing my first KSDK1.2 Application in KDS3.0 - Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt

Just follow the steps according to your board. Let us know if you face any issues during project creation or running.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carlos:

Try with this tutorial:

Writing my first KSDK1.2 Application in KDS3.0 - Hello World and Toggle LED with GPIO Interrupt

Just follow the steps according to your board. Let us know if you face any issues during project creation or running.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

carlostadeoorte
Contributor III

Thank you!

I followed the tutorial and it worked as expected. I am warming up with the SDK now :smileygrin:

-Carlos