How to load system.h parameters into KMS GUI?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load system.h parameters into KMS GUI?

derekcook
Senior Contributor I

Hello, 

I am using KMS with my own hardware. I have a system.h file that I have modified on my own with the appropriate parameters. I open the KMS GUI, point the GUI to my project .elf file, and check the path of my system.h file from the KMS GUI, and the path is correct. The GUI does not read in the values of this system.h file. Is there a way to get the GUI to load in the system.h file to use for its motor tuner tests? I would also want to use the KMS GUI to tune my motors across multiple computers and it would be good to have a common file I can load into the GUI settings. 

Also, is there a way to get a log of what the GUI is doing behind the scenes? I keep getting an error saying that my motor is returning a large negative number, and I want to see why the GUI is returning this error. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Derek,

In KMS, the .kms file is always correct. So if you have made hand modifications to the system.h file, those will be overridden by the values in the .kms file.  

There is no way for the system.h file to be parsed and the values therein updated into the KMS GUI.

You can share .kms files between multiple computers.  You need to keep the .elf file and the .kms file together, so that KMS knows the memory addresses of your variables.

The document: Adapting KMS for Custom Hardware goes through the preferred path to generate a system.h file for your custom hardware using the KMS GUI.

There isn't a log of what the GUI is doing behind the scenes. My guess as to why you are seeing that issue is because your system.h file is misaligned with your .kms file.

0 Kudos

derekcook
Senior Contributor I

Thanks for the reply Adam. I did recreate the system.h file from KMS, and seem to be having better luck.

0 Kudos