显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

problem using two serial devices at the same time

跳至解决方案
681 次查看
tschtj
Contributor I

I'm using the TWR-K60F120M with the TWR-SER board using both available serial ports at the same time.  I have the shell running on the OSJTAG port without problem (ttyf) now I'm trying to use the serial port (ttyd) for a custom protocol, but for now, I'm just opening and writing a test string to the port.   The open and write are not returning any errors, but the test strings are not what I'm reading from the TWR-SER connector.  Instead, I'm seeing a duplicate of all the shell output from ttyf.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I don't understand why I'm seeing this.

Tom

0 项奖励
1 解答
481 次查看
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

Not all tower designs (form, fit, functionality) are identical.  Some Towers have independent UARTS going to the OSJTAG(debugger interface) and TWR-SER card.  Other Towers have one UART going to both.

The TWR-K60F120M is one of the latter cases where the UART5/ttyf is going to both the OSJTAG and TWR-SER card.  This has advantage of not having to change MQX code to use one or the other serial interface but has a negative that you only have access to one UART.

Regards,

David

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
1 回复
482 次查看
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

Not all tower designs (form, fit, functionality) are identical.  Some Towers have independent UARTS going to the OSJTAG(debugger interface) and TWR-SER card.  Other Towers have one UART going to both.

The TWR-K60F120M is one of the latter cases where the UART5/ttyf is going to both the OSJTAG and TWR-SER card.  This has advantage of not having to change MQX code to use one or the other serial interface but has a negative that you only have access to one UART.

Regards,

David

0 项奖励