Contributor I

k MCU supports IAP technology?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi customer,

Of course K series MCU supports IAP technology by using the according bootloader firmware, eg, if you use the UART bootloader, after you download the uart bootloader firmware to the MCU, then you can use the UART interface to update the application firmware.

Now, do you just want to download the bootloader firmware to K20 mcu, not the application firmware?

If yes, you should use the debugger or programmer, eg, SEGGER JLINK,P&E multilink, then use the SWD interface to download the code to your chip, you can associate with the IDE, if you just have the .hex file, you can use the JFLASH interface with JLINK.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

songtao8940
Contributor I

first,thank you very much.now,i'm ready to use mk60dn10 or mk60dx10 to realize system upgrade by can bus,how to find more information about that,can you help me?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Customer,

We have a typical application note about the UART bootloader, you can refer to it:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

The according sample code is:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2295SW.zip

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

songtao8940
Contributor I

how to download the bootloader to k20 mcu?

0 Kudos