What is in the Kinetis Bootloader Configuration Area (BCA) at the factory default ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is in the Kinetis Bootloader Configuration Area (BCA) at the factory default ?

Jump to solution
rysardsuboc
Contributor II

I need enter to KL82Z bootloader with BOOTCFG0 and NMI pin assertation. 
When I used bootloader configuration file system_MKL82Z7.c and download code to board and try enter to bootloader with NMI pin, it succeeds.

How enter to bootloader without using bootloader configuration file, when chip is new (from factory), without code?

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rysard Suboc,

The KL82 boot source is from ROM in default if you didn't download the code before.

Boot source selection bit is in the FOPT, the flash address is 0X40D.

pastedImage_1.png

FOPT default data is 0xff, it means the code is boot from the ROM in default.

About the BCA, it is in default all 0xff, it means the KL82 already enable all the perpherals(LPUART, I2C, SPI and USB).

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rysard Suboc,

The KL82 boot source is from ROM in default if you didn't download the code before.

Boot source selection bit is in the FOPT, the flash address is 0X40D.

pastedImage_1.png

FOPT default data is 0xff, it means the code is boot from the ROM in default.

About the BCA, it is in default all 0xff, it means the KL82 already enable all the perpherals(LPUART, I2C, SPI and USB).

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos