What are the Required pins to program KL03 microcontroller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Required pins to program KL03 microcontroller

znsal
Contributor I

I am currently making a PCB that will contain the KL03 microcontroller. I need to make sure that I wire this part properly. Can some one help to verify if all the pins and components are correct to program:

Supply:

VDD

VSS

To program Kl03:

1.LPUART0_RX

2.LPUART0_TX

3.SWD_CLK

4.RESET_b

5.SWD_DIO

6.NMI_b

Components needed:

1. SWD_DIO add 10K external pullup resistor

2. NMI pin add 4.7K to 10k external pullup resistor

3. Reset_b pin add 4.7K to 10k external pullup resistor, and a 0.1uf capacitor to ground.

4. SWD_CLK don't need to add external resistor.

5.VDD 1uF close to MCU.

Anything else I might be missing?

Many thanks in advance..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ZN Sal,

You also create the same question in the official website(sale force), and I already reply you!

Thank you for your interest in NXP Kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you!
Your mentioned item is correct!
About the KL03 smallest system design, you can refer to the FRDM-KL03 schematic:
http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/printed-circuit-boards/FRDM-KL03Z.zip

1. Supply
  VDD, VSS
  Power supply bypass capacitors must be placed close to the MCU supply pins.
2. Program KL03
 (1) SWD interface
   SWD_CLK: don't need the external circuit
   SWD_DIO: Add 4.7K to 10K external pullup resistor
   Reset_b:add 4.7K to 10k external pullup resistor, and a 0.1uf capacitor to ground.
   GND, vdd
 (2) ROM BOOTLOADER
   If you want to use the UART bootloader, please use :
   PTB1: LPUART0_TX
   PTB2: LPUART0_RX
3. NMI need external 4.7K to 10k external pullup resistor
4. More detail about PCB routing, please refer to Kinetis L Peripheral Module Quick Reference.pdf:
http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/KLQRUG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos