Using peripherals connected on Flexbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using peripherals connected on Flexbus

deuteron
Contributor II

How do I define peripherals, or external RAM, that I want to be memory-mapped on the Flex-Bus? I cannot see an appropriate object in the Component Library of the CodeWarrior IDE. My peripheral has a 16-bit wide R/W connection on the flexbus and has 64 consecutive addressable registers. I need to set up base adress, wait states, and to define that I am using a 16-bit multiplexed address/data with an ALE pin. The configuration registers exist in the processor, and I can write directly to these, but I want to use the component library and its built-in checks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jvasil
Contributor III

I guess I'm in much the same state as Jacob was in 2011 for I also expected a LDD for the FlexBus (ditto for the FlexMemory).  I don't see anything named "external bus" under the processor.  I'm not sure if this is because I'm using a different processor (I'm using a MK64FN1M0VLQ12) or if this represents a change in PE in the year since the previous post.  However, I do see an Init_FB (Init_FMC) component and am wondering if these two init modules represent all the support for the FlexBus and FlexMemory peripherals that are provided by Processor Expert?  Thanks!

p.s. I'm using PE version 10.3.0

0 Kudos

deuteron
Contributor II

I wrote this question very early in my experience with Processor Expert. I was expecting to see an LDD (logical device driver) bean for the Flexbus, whereas it is in fact an option inside the CPU bean, called "external bus"

0 Kudos

keithgw
Contributor I

#define MEM_BASE   0xA0000000L  //!< Starting address for RAM

#define MEM_BASE_PTR  ((uint16_t *) FPGA_MEM_BASE)

uint16_t value;

uint16_t  *mem = MEM_BASE_PTR;

//write 1 to memory

mem[0] = 1;

//write 2 to next memory

mem[1] = 2;

//read out memory

value = mem[2];

0 Kudos