cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FTM2_CH0/CH1 and FTM2_CH2/CH3 in dual edge capture

isa_leo
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project using a MKE14Z128 and want to measure the RPM of two fans. Tach output of fan 1 is connected on FTM2_CH0 input pin while fan 2 tach output is connected to FTM2_CH2 input pin. I've configured FTM2 CH0/CH1 and FTM2 CH2/Ch3 in dual edge capture.

I'm getting tach readings from fan 1 with no issues but tach reading from fan 2 always reads 0. After some ruling out HW problems I've investigated the initialization procedure and realized that the COMBINE register is configured configured correctly for CH0/CH1 dual edge capture, CH2/CH3 is not:

isa_leo_0-1671477983185.png

The following codes is called to do the initialization:

isa_leo_1-1671478167197.png

If I single step into the second FTM_SetupDualEdgeCapture() method call (for kFTM_Chnl_2) it seems that the upper 16bits of the COMBINE register do not change at all. Even if I'm using MCUXpresso debugger to manually change any bits in the 15:31 interval of the COMBINE register it always comes back as 0. Hence, dual edge capture cannot be enabled for CH2/CH3. Is this how it is suppose to be, i.e., dual edge capture can only be done from CH0/CH1 of the FTM2 module and not using CH2/CH3 ? 

Thx,

LM

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi isa_leo,

FTM channel pair used for the dual-edge capture, channel pair 1(kFTM_Chnl_1) uses channels 2 and 3
Do not use kFTM_Chnl_2

kFTM_Chnl_1 uses channels 2 and 3.png

chnlPairNumber The FTM channel pair number; options are 0, 1, 2, 3

FTM_SetupDualEdgeCapture.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos