cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update OpenSDA on my FRDMK64F?

Jump to solution
simonhaines
Contributor III

When I start my FRDMK64F board holding down the RESET button, the BOOTLOADER drive has the following files:

.metadata_never_index
.Trashes
.fseventsd
bootload.htm

The bootload.htm file is a 512-byte file of all 0s. There is no sda_info.htm file. I can only assume this is CMSIS-DAP firmware? I am trying to update to P&E version 1.11 firmware so I can use the P&E combined DEBUG+MSD application (MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v114.SDA).

From the Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2016_08_26.zip package, only the DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v108a_for_OpenSDA_v2.0.bin file can be programmed. When I program BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA, it is not written (no change to LED to indicate successful write). The MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v114.SDA is too big to write.

I have attempted this on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 with the same result. Is it possible to update this board?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Simon Haines,

The bootloader on FRDMK64F is the opensda v2.0 reversion.

After download the firmware, it can be the CMSIS DAP or JLINK debugger, it is not the P&E opensda debugger.

So, you can't download the P&E firmware to it.

The firmware can be download from these link:

1. CMSIS DAP (mbed)

Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed 

After you enter the bootloader mode, send 0226_k20dx128_k64f_0x5000.bin to your "BOOTLOADER", then power off and power on the board again.

2. JLINK firmware

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

After you enter the bootloader mode, send 02_OpenSDA_FRDM-K64F.bin to your "BOOTLOADER", then power off and power on the board again.

If you want to run it in the WIN10, I suggest you use the JLINK firmware, this firmware support WIN10.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Simon Haines,

The bootloader on FRDMK64F is the opensda v2.0 reversion.

After download the firmware, it can be the CMSIS DAP or JLINK debugger, it is not the P&E opensda debugger.

So, you can't download the P&E firmware to it.

The firmware can be download from these link:

1. CMSIS DAP (mbed)

Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | mbed 

After you enter the bootloader mode, send 0226_k20dx128_k64f_0x5000.bin to your "BOOTLOADER", then power off and power on the board again.

2. JLINK firmware

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

After you enter the bootloader mode, send 02_OpenSDA_FRDM-K64F.bin to your "BOOTLOADER", then power off and power on the board again.

If you want to run it in the WIN10, I suggest you use the JLINK firmware, this firmware support WIN10.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos