cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB examples to Read/Write NAND Flash Storage using QN9080 MCU

James5427
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using QN9080C MCU and USB connected to DP&DM pins and connected a 1GB NAND flash to the SPIFI interface.

1) Is there an example to emulate the bulk mass storage device through an inbuilt USB?
2) Example to read/write Nand flash storage as a file system to store files.

Please provide the required information for the above points. Any help would be very thankful.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

James5427
Contributor II

Thank you for the reply,
I found the example as per your reference and observed the USB drive in the PC (used MSC+CDC freertos example). Is there any example related to file system for QN9080? I need information whether QN9080 MCU supports File System Library or not. If yes, are there any size limitations? Could you please provide the required information. Any help would be very thankfu

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

Answering your question we currently do not have an specific example for bulk mass storage, but we currently have a brief example of a MSD example  that is located inside the SDK documentation on the USB documentation  I think you can find the information useful.

The name of the document is MCUXpresso SDK USB Stack Composite Device User’s Guide.

Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos

James5427
Contributor II

Thank you for the information,

I can use the example you suggested. It is working as MSD and It shows the internal flash memory of size 24KB. But we have 1GB external flash as per customer requirement. How can I see the external flash of size 1GB or 500MB when the USB is connected according to the referred example?
What is the procedure to follow or modification required in code to detect 1GB flash as MSD in PC. 
Could you please guide me to meet the requirement? Any help would be very thankful.

Thank you,

0 Kudos