cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART framing error after reset?

Jump to solution
danreltek
Contributor III

I am using 2 FRDM-KL25Z to chat to each other using UART1 and UART2. I am using UART0 of each to connect to my PC and report what is being received on UARTS 1 & 2, so I have 2 instances of Termite open to do this.

The program sends one character out of each port once per second.

The problem I am having is this:

Case1: Reset unit A and unit A reports activity but unit B stops reporting activity.

Case2: Reset unit B and unit B reports activity but unit A stops reporting activity.

Case3: Reset units A and B at the same time and both work properly.

When I look at the signals using an oscilloscope it appears as though there are a few extra bits pre-pended immediately after a reset, compared to subsequent transmissions.

Can you please tell me if this is normal and how can I stop this and/or recover from it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dan Bovill,

Please also post your oscilloscope wave for UART after reset. Is that the correct UART data?

If yes, you need to check your code, whether after reset, you send something out.

I think your problem is caused by out of sync, maybe you can design the uart communication protocol, add some handshaking data.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dan Bovill,

Please also post your oscilloscope wave for UART after reset. Is that the correct UART data?

If yes, you need to check your code, whether after reset, you send something out.

I think your problem is caused by out of sync, maybe you can design the uart communication protocol, add some handshaking data.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

danreltek
Contributor III

Thanks Kerry,

Your suggestions were helpful. Problem appeared to be a bug in XON/XOFF flow control.

Fixed now.

Thanks again

Dan

0 Kudos