取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Two USBs - device and host

1,762 次查看
gaminn
Contributor IV

Our product needs usb host and usb device to be run at the same time. Is there any Kinetis MCU that has 2 USB ports?

标记 (3)
0 项奖励
回复
7 回复数

1,256 次查看
injunear1
Contributor IV

The Freedom board has two physical USB ports. I don't know if you can use the board itself instead of a discrete MCU, but that is what I am doing. For $13 a unit, it is saving a lot of design and development time to simply use a KL25Z board as the MCU for our new system.

However, I do not know if the SDA port can be used as a 2nd host or device USB port, though I suspect it can.

0 项奖励
回复

1,256 次查看
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

The Freedom board has two usb ports, but they are connected to two different MCU's.

As far as I know the SDA MCU can not be reprogrammed.

Don't count on the Freedom board staying available for the current price forever, as someone  (presumably Freescale) is losing money on it.

0 项奖励
回复

1,256 次查看
injunear1
Contributor IV

Oops. Both are good points. I forgot about the second MCU, and we probably ought not to plan on using the Freedom board for more than a year or so. Thanks for the advice.

0 项奖励
回复

1,256 次查看
neillewis
Contributor II

I know that some variants of the K60 support a second (and high speed) USB port.  Only one (full speed) is connected to pins on the processor, the other is via an external component connected to the ULPI pins.

I haven't tried this yet though....

Neil

0 项奖励
回复

1,256 次查看
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

In k61 and K70, the USB OTG and USBHS are handled by independent controllers which allow to have 2 different USB connections, one of them using the USB HS pins and the other one using the ULPI pins, the pinout can be found in chapter 53.2 of the device's reference manual.

0 项奖励
回复

1,256 次查看
gaminn
Contributor IV

So, USBOTG module is only full-speed controller, am I right?

Is there any sample code for USBHS module, preferably bare metal sample code? Any application notes for USBHS?

0 项奖励
回复

1,256 次查看
Pepe_Ruiz
Contributor IV

Hi Martin,

Freescale has two different USB HS example codes. One is inside the USB baremetal stack (www.freescale.com/medicalusb) and the other one is using MQX (www.freescale.com/MQX)

hope this help

0 项奖励
回复