Too high current in stop mode. Power manager demo on frdm-kl25z.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too high current in stop mode. Power manager demo on frdm-kl25z.

tuomasaaltio
Contributor II

I measured supply current with the "power manager demo" on frdm-kl25z board (KL25Z128VLK). The current in Stop mode is much larger than I would expect. What could be causing this. Current measured from J4 on frdm-kl25z using multimeter.

mode:  current [mA]

run      9.3

wait      5.4

stop      4.7

vlps      4.7

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tuomas aaltio,

When you test the low power, please download the code to your FRDM-KL25, then exit the debug mode, just check the current directly.

I have test it on my side, it meet the demand.

RUN:6mA

WAIT:4.92mA

STOP:0.31mA

VLPS:10.2uA

All these data meet the datasheet demand:

pastedImage_21.png

pastedImage_22.png

pastedImage_23.png

My board version is:

700-27556 REVA

SCH-27666 REVE.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tuomasaaltio
Contributor II

I tested it with emulator disconnected, the result in RUN and VLPR mode are still too high.

RUN 8.9mA

VLPR 1.4mA

WAIT 5.0mA

STOP 0.4mA

My board version is:

700-27556 REV A1

SCH-27666 REV F.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi tuomas aaltio,

Please use this code for FRDM-KL25:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/lab-test-software/KL25_SC.exe 

After you download and install it, you can find the low power code in folder:kl25_sc_rev10\klxx-sc-baremetal\build\iar\low_power_demo

This code, run is 6.24mA, VLPR please use I, it is 0.22mA, in BLPI, this is the clock mode which is defined in the datasheet:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

I have test the power consumption with the kl25_SC.exe in the same board reversion as you.

Please try this code again.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

tuomasaaltio
Contributor II

I debugged what happends in STOP. SMC_PMCTRL.STOPA bit is set in SMC_SetPowerModeStop() and function returns kStatus_SMC_StopAbort.

0 Kudos