Timer Interrupt in MKE04Z128VLH4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer Interrupt in MKE04Z128VLH4

Brincebabu
Contributor I

My Controller is NXP MKE04Z128VLH4 where I have initialised two timer interrupt one is 625 us and the next is 1 ms.And when I'm observing the 625 us timer interrupt by toggling a GPIO Pin and using DSO, I'm observing flucatuation but at the same time if I'm disabling 1 ms timer interupt ,625us interupt is not showing any fluctatuation. I have tried assigning priority to both as 1 and 0 using NVICSetPriority but still issue not got solved.
Is this an effect of Interrupt Latency and can it be solved by tail chaining. If yes how to implement Tail Chaining?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Brincebabu
Contributor I

Please suggest a solution for this

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Brincebabu 

How are you generating the timer? Are you using the periodic interrupt timer (PIT) module?

I agree that the fluctuation is generated by the interrupts, however, I have this suggestion.

Try to use only one timer with the interrupt handler and the other one without an interrupt.

Is it possible for you to share an image from the osciloscope?

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos

Brincebabu
Contributor I

Hi @Miguel04 
Yes I'm using PIT Module where I have loaded 625 us and 1 ms to timer 1 and 2.I'm herewith attaching image of the 625 us interrupt observed on DSO by toggling a GPIO Pin on every interrupt.DSO is in persist infinite mode and you can see the signal fluctuates very much from the expected.But once I disable the 1 ms interrupt this fluctuation is not there.So I have assigned priority to both to get the pre-emption of 625us over 1 ms and I expected 625us interrupt comes and goes at the proper time even if 1ms ISR is running but the issue not got resolved then also.

0 Kudos

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Brincebabu 

Thanks for the image, is it possible that you share the project/code?

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos