cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K40D100M with PK MPU instead of MK MPU

iliaskarakirits
Contributor I

Dear all,

I am new to freescale products. I am currently working in TWR-K40D100M DEVELOPMENT BOARD. According to the site, the tower should feature the Kinetis low-power MK40DX256VMD10 MCU. However the board I 've received features the PK40DX256VMD10.

I am trying to run a HelloWorld example that I have downloaded from the site for the twr-k4d100m. Just to mention that the examples are also refered to twrk60d100.

The project is built without any errors or modifications except that i change the processor to: Freescale MK40DX256xxx10.

I am using IAR and what i can see that program stacks at a while loop in systeminit():

/* Check the value returned from pll_init() to make sure there wasn't an error */

if (mcg_clk_hz < 0x100)

while(1);

I know that PK series is a very old silicon version (Prototype only and not fully qualified). Could it be a reason for not running this example or is something else that i am missing?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It's probably something else, related with the clock configuration. The PK devices are going to work exactly in the same way as the MK devices.

You should check the PLL configuration, what crystall is the pll_init assuming and if you have that Crystal connected to the MCU or not. Have a look at other posts asking about PLL config in Kinetis K60.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos