cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone Kinetis Flash Tools

yinyang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I'm looking for standalone Kinetis Flash Tools which similar like FlashMagic on LPC  that can write/read the flash memory on Kinetis MCU.

The main function I need is to read out the whole flash memory as an Hex file to verify the memory crash issue.

Checked Cyclone and Multilink, it seems don't support this feature.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Yin,

USBDM provides utilities to read and write Kinetis devices.

Note you can only read unsecured devices.

Have a look at:

USBDM: USBDM Debugger interface for Freescale RS08,HCS08,HCS12,Coldfire and ARM-Kinetis Devices. 

USBDM: USBDM RS08/HCS08/HCS12/Coldfire V1,2,3,4/DSC/Kinetis Debugger and Programmer 

Programmers are available from several sources or you can build you own or recycle a FRDM board.

If buying one make sure it has a SWD interface.

Disclaimer: I wrote the above software/hardware.

bye

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

P&E's devices will do that.  I've got a Cyclone ACP on my desk at the moment, hooked up to a MK22FN1M0AVLH12, and the PROGACMP utility that came with it was able to read the flash contents just fine.  Should work with the Multilink, too.  Of course, this only works if security isn't enabled.  Here's a screen shot after using it to verify the loaded contents against the .elf file.  I was also able to download it to an .s19 file.  Not Intel HEX format, but a hex format, and easily converted to HEX or binary.

Screenshot 2017-01-28 18.55.20.png

Scott

0 Kudos