SPI SD card interface via fsl_sdcard component

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI SD card interface via fsl_sdcard component

fnaeem
Contributor I

I'm trying to do a basic read/write on an SD card interfaced to my KL46Z256VLL4 eval board via SPI. I'm using the fsl_sdcard and the fsl_spi components to read/write from/to the SD card.

I'm using the SDSPI_DRV_Init and SDSPI_DRV_Write functions of the fsl_sdcard component to attempt to write data to the SD card:

SDSPI_DRV_Init(&memoryCard1_spi_state, &memoryCard1_state);   SDSPI_DRV_WriteBlocks(&memoryCard1_spi_state, &memoryCard1_state, "test", 0, 1);   debug_getchar();

However, nothing seems to happen. Upon closer inspection with a logic analyzer, I noticed there's no activity at all on the SPI pins. I then dig into the component files and see the lower level SPI functions (spiSendWord, spiExchange, etc.) are not implemented within "spi_dspi_layer.c". Am I responsible for implementing that portion of the SPI interface?

Excerpt of spi_dspi_layer.c:

/**   * Function sets required speed of SPIx/DSPI  */ uint32_t SetSpiFrequency(sdspi_spi_t *spi, uint32_t frequency) {     uint32_t calculatedBaudRate = 0x00;            /* User Code: Calling of the SPI/DSPI method that provides setting of SPI/DSPI transfer speed */            if (calculatedBaudRate == 0x00)     {         return 0x01;     }     return 0x00; }        /**   * Function performs transmission of the input data buffer via SPIx/DSPI  */ uint32_t spiExchange(sdspi_spi_t *spi, const uint8_t *in, uint8_t *out, uint32_t size) {     uint8_t result = 0x00;            /* User Code: Calling of the SPI/DSPI method that provides blocking transfer over SPI/DSPI */            return result; }        /**   * Function performs transmission of the input byte  */ uint8_t spiSendWord(sdspi_spi_t *spi, uint8_t word) {     uint8_t result = 0x00;            /* User Code: Calling of the SPI/DSPI method that provides blocking transfer of 1B over SPI/DSPI */            return result; }

36580_36580.pngpastedImage_5.png

Original Attachment has been moved to: SDRawWrite.zip

1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Farhan Naeem:

Yes, you need to add the SPI driver methods, but you can use the configuration and methods of the inherited fsl_spi​ compoment.

The next files in KSDK installation might serve you as reference on how to implement those calls:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\middleware\filesystem\fatfs\fsl_sd_disk\src\fsl_sdspi_disk.c

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\platform\composite\inc\fsl_sdcard_spi.h

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\platform\composite\src\sdcard\fsl_sdcard_spi.c

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez