次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Reinstall Pemicro MSD bootloader after mbed bootloader

ソリューションへジャンプ
5,378件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

When I first got my frdm-kl25z board I was able to load the .srec files from the quick start zip file.  Since then I installed the mbed bootloader and have been successfully using that as well.  I'd now like to go back to the pemicro loader so I can try out coding using KDS, but I'm running into problems.  Here is what I have done:

1) reboot board to bootloader

2) Drag "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA" into msd

3) reboot board again (this time it comes up in bootloader)

4) Drag "MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA" into msd

5) reboot board again

6) trying to drag ANY srec onto MSD

The small green led flashes, but the program never takes.  Readind the text file in the MSD says "Error 7"

Any ideas on how to get back?  I can put the mbed bootloader back on and everything works as it did before, I just can't get the KDS srec version to work again.  Thanks

0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
4,361件の閲覧回数
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kirk,

I think you will have to back again to Windows 7 to update the bootloader after switching to the mbed on Window 8 and when you want to back to PEmicro on Windows 8. If you already did so, I'm sorry.

Best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
38 返答(返信)
1,817件の閲覧回数
zaharr_
Contributor II

Hi Kirk,

On my FRDM-KL25z board, attached binary file blinks ones after it gets programmed into KL25 via MSD. It also blinks once when I switch the board application to run MBED firmware.

Did you get a chance to try out programming blinky_blue.bin via MSD to see if it gives you an error and if you see continuous LED blinking?

My recommendation is to try to run in-circuit debug session to confirm that your KL25z target is functional and you can run/step/breakpoint your project via an onboard OpenSDA interface.

Best Regards,
Zahar

P&E

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Zahar,

Yes the blue blinking led program works, but ONLY when the mbed bootloader is installed (but all mbed programs work fine with the mbed bootloader).  The reason the other program I gave didn't appear to work is that I forgot you have to touch the touch sensor as well to see the blinking, sorry for the confusion).  My problem has always been with getting the PEMicro bootloader installed so I can use KDS.  I tried uploading the blue led program you gave me with the PEMicro bootloader (MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA), but it again reported Error 7.  When I have the PEMicro bootloader installed and I tried to connect to debug in KDS it reports "Failed to enter background mode".

Kirk

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hi Zahar,

let me confirm that you could update the bootloader by 'BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA' under Windows 8? I cannot believe it because I could not update the bootloader under Windows 8 and I could update it under Windows 7. If what you say is true, it is very good information. Please let me know your detailed procedure of the updating.

Best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Yasuhito,

Just to clarify, I did have to update my bootloader originally to the v111 on a windows 7 machine.  After that I've been switching back and forth between the PEmicro and the mbed on Windows 8.

Kirk

0 件の賞賛
返信
4,362件の閲覧回数
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kirk,

I think you will have to back again to Windows 7 to update the bootloader after switching to the mbed on Window 8 and when you want to back to PEmicro on Windows 8. If you already did so, I'm sorry.

Best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Yasuhiko,

Well this seems to be the final answer, thank you for recommending this.  I dug up a Windows 7 machine for one last attempt at your recommendation and now it seems to work exactly how I would expect on the Windows 7 machine.  I can even use OpenSDA debugging again in KDS.  The real test will be if I can now use/debug with KDS on my Windows 8 machine.  I'll try tonight and let you know, but for now it seems to be working.  Thanks again.

Kirk

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello Kirk,

the boot loader update cannot be done on Windows 8.x. After updating the bootloader of the board,  you can use the MSD (the flash loader) even on the Windows 8.x. This fact was informed from a Freescale Japan person. Could you try it on another Windows 7.x PC with your FRDM-KL25Z?

Best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kirk,

Today I download latest OpenSDA firmware from P&E web and update my FRDM-KL25Z board bootloader version to V1.11.

Below is my hardware info:

Board Name is: FRDM-KL25Z

MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.03

Bootloader Version is: 1.11

Installed Application: PEMicro FRDM-KL25Z Mass Storage/Debug App

Application Version is: 1.14

DUID is: 29A33938-8D8B81E3-3756F807-B74DE678

EUID is: 3141A239-1FF18769-1855DA1C-955668D6

TUID is: 74823938-473281BA-37939804-B85CE678

TOA is: 86B6E505-FC5C24B7-41E6B687-4C0A9A97

TOA2 is: 86B6E505-EE36D04D-CDE430D7-A4E95446

SUID is: 86B6E505-6C47A61D-37239804-8003EC65

After I update the bootloader application, I use attached [MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA].

Then I plug in the application srec file, there without any error info at [LASTSTAT.TXT].

So, the difference between your board with mine is MicroBoot Kernel Version.

I will check with P&E if it is possible to get MicroBoot Kernel Version v1.05 image, then I could test on my side.

And I suggest if you could update your bootloader again and check if it could load application image with Pemicro MSD bootloader.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Hui,

Thanks for looking into this. I have tried dozens of times to reinstall

the pemicro bootloader, every time getting error 7 when I load a srec.

Every time I go back tot he mbed bootloader it works fine.

Kirk

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Hui_Ma <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kirk,

Are you sure you load an S19 file? Can you open that file in a text editor and check.

I have attached for you an S19 file you can try.

Erich

1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Erich,

I tried using your file, but got different results:

1) unplug board, hold rest, plug in board

2) Board comes up as MSD bootloader

3) drag Freedom_LED.s19 into folder

4) unplug/plug in board.  Board comes back up again as bootloader even though I didn't hold reset

5) repeast step 4 with same result

6) try dragging MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA (latest Pemicro firmware from their web site)

7) same results as before.

The 2 bootloader files I'm trying to ge between (pemicro/mbed) are NOT ascii s19 files, but binary SDA files.  Thanks

Kirk

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kirk,

the process to load the S19 file I have sent you is:

- power the board normally. It should come up as FRDM-KL25Z drive

- copy the S19 file to the board

this will program the file and run it (blinking LEDs').

What is shown if you opent he .htm file on the FRDM-KL25Z drive? It should show you the firmware version/etc.

Erich

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Erich,

I reinstalled the pemicro bootloader and tried the file you sent, but the same thing happened.  The SDA_INFO.HTM  file shows:

MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05

Bootloader Version is: 1.11

DUID is: FFE33938-8DA081AE-3752F808-B74DE678

EUID is: F781A239-1FBA8720-1851DA1B-955668D6

TUID is: 74823938-473281DD-375E980F-B85CE678

TOA is: 86B6E505-B2A9F1EF-41E6B687-76977D16

TOA2 is: 86B6E505-02E1AE6E-CDE430D7-852E4389

SUID is: 86B6E505-6C47A61D-37239804-8003EC65

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kirk,

Below is my test board info:

MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.03

Bootloader Version is: 1.05

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That looks all ok.

Intererestingly, I have a MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.01

Probably because my board is an older one.

Erich

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Erich,

Ok, I will try that this afternoon and send several screen shots.  So the only difference here is that this is an Ascii s19 file instead of an Ascii srec file correct?  What is different about this file, or is this just one more test case?  Thanks

Kirk

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The extension does not matter.

s19 == srec

Erich

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,817件の閲覧回数
kirkg
Contributor I

Erich,

One more point of information is that when I first got the board, and before installing mbed, I was able to successfully drag/drop the precompiled example srec files into the pemicro boot loader. The problems have all been related to trying to get back tontine starting state. Thanks again

Kirk

0 件の賞賛
返信