cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: KinetisL Sample Code running on Codewarrior

gurindersinghgi
Contributor III

There is a SRC folder inside SC package by freescale ,

I am using Code Warrior 10.3 under win, and when i am cerating a bearboard project and importing all the driver files , i am getting an error , can anyone help with this ,

error is something like :

mingw32-make: *** [board/adc16/adc16_c.obj] Error 1

and not for ADC but for each driver .

further i was going through various IDE's Supported by FRDM board, and

few IDE's have successfully ported this SRC folder into their version of FRDM Demo Code,

and there has been no resonance on any peripheral driver lib available for FRDM Board , i am very helpless using this board , and i do not want to use PE.

please help !

0 Kudos
1 Reply

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

First, it looks like you found the error below in the Problems View of CW. When the error reported there isn’t very helpful in finding the issue, the next thing to check is the Console View. In the Console View, you will see the error reported by the compiler or linker, and it will usually provide more details on what the issue is.

Without knowing the error reported, I can only guess. But one possibility is that the compiler doesn’t know where to find the header files. If the errors reported are that the compiler cannot find a header file, or it complains a symbol is undefined when you know it is defined in a header file, then this is probably the problem. If you add source files to the IDE, this tells the project to include the .c source files in the build. But it is not enough to tell the compiler where to find the .h header files. You need to specifically setup the header file paths in the compiler settings.

To setup the compiler search paths, find the Commander View in the lower left corner of the IDE (starting with CW v10.3). Click Build Settings. Then find the Directories panel under the GCC C Compiler options, see screenshot. The directories with your header files need to be included here. This screenshot comes from the sample code example \kl25_sc\klxx-sc-baremetal\build\cw\low_power_dma_uart_demo, and you can use that project as a reference.

cid:image001.png@01CDFECC.2AC61320

0 Kudos