cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quesiton About MKV58 Bootloader Application

softwaretestsof
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a questions about NXP Bootloader 2.0.

In SDK V2.5 TWR-KV58F220 i have example application "flash_loader". After i run this example I can connect with "Kinetis Flash Tool" and update firmware easily.

My question is "is it possible to embed this flashloader example into my application" and update firmware whenever i want ?

İf so;

How can i embed this flashloader application into my project ?

if not;

Is there any other alternatives to update firmware of KV58 remotely(without using debugger)? For example I have a FRDM-K64 and i can esaily update firmware with using "Memory Swap". As i can see there is no "Swap" functionality of MKV58 Flash.Is it possible to do "manual swap" by software and in run-time?. 

Thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

softwaretestsof
Contributor I

Hi Chris

Thank you for reply,

I'll look MCU Boot Package.

Regards. 

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi softwaretestsoftwaretest2019@gmail.com‌,

There are a couple of different paths you can take.  With either option you probably want to download the MCUBoot package from www.nxp.com/mcuboot and read the documentation.

1) You could leave the flashloader on the device and simply never program to the sectors that the flashloader occupies.  That way, the flashloader will always still exist on the device.  

2) Use the bootloader examples out of the MCU Boot package.  The bootloader is protected and doesn't allow overwriting of the bootloader.  

Best regards,

Chris 

0 Kudos