Proper programming of the eDMA that incorporates int_major and scatter/gather

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper programming of the eDMA that incorporates int_major and scatter/gather

wildhorsemusic
Contributor III

Hello,  I am working with the Freedom K64F, using the eDMA.  I am properly able to configure a chain of software TCDs using Scatter/Gather, and they each call the next SGA.  Once the major count is completed, I want to trigger an interrupt, perform some processing in the DMA0 ISR, then within the ISR; I want to signal the channel to start on the next TCD that "hopefully" has loaded with the last SGA from the previous SGA.

When I run the debug, the 1st DMA0 ISR gets called, I perform the processing, clear the DMA0 Interrupt in the CR_CINT register and then trigger the channel.  However, the ISR appears to be stuck in an ISR of some sort.

!) Am I missing something in my flow?

2) Is the SGA compatible with using int_major/int_half?  Do I have to instead push the next software TCD within the ISR?

3) Does clearing the DMA Channel Interrupt with CR_CINT also clear the NVIC or does it automatically clear the NVIC when the CR_INT is cleared?

Thanks!

Duane

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Duane Owens

It's difficult to follow your issue if I don't have your full project to try to find the problem, so could you share your project?

Also, have you check the Doc: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329546

please give it a try and tell me if it helps.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

wildhorsemusic
Contributor III

Any updates on this Jorge?

Thank you!

Duane

0 Kudos

wildhorsemusic
Contributor III

Thanks Jorge, Yes, I have read that document as well as the one on Major/Minor Channel Linking, and continually searched the community.  I am having a couple of NCE errors, but I'd like to solve the 1st NCE error first: I am transferring 8 32bit PORT PCR configuration values from memory to the PORT registers.  Here's my TCD for the eDMA configuration and the memory addresses:

pastedImage_1.png

I enabled Interrupts on Error and captured the Hardware TCD state:

pastedImage_4.png

The error that triggered the interrupt was an NCE error. The Done flag is set in the CSR and the data has been transferred to the destination registers.  But, the NCE error causes other problems when using SGA to the next TCD, I think because the NCE flag is still set, even if I clear the Error Int flag.  The VLD bit gets cleared, but the NCE bit stays set.

I can break the transfer up into 2 transfers (between the 4004A00C and 4004B004), but I was still hoping to consolidate the transfer into as few of TDCs as possible.  I also tried to set the INTHALF but, it never fired the interrupt... only the INTMAJ works.

I thought I saw one thread that the user couldn't get the Minor Loop Channel Linking to work, but I don't know if that's related.

Thanks for your time.

Duane

0 Kudos