Programming the FSFK-K64F MCU using Kinetis IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming the FSFK-K64F MCU using Kinetis IDE

haneybriggs
Contributor II

I am doing a senior design project that is using the Freescale Sensor Fusion board with the FRDM-K64F MCU. At the moment I am not able to program the MCU. There is documentation available that has an example lab to build the default program that the board comes with. When I follow the steps a binary file is built but if fails to load. If I load the binary file myself the and open the sensor fusion toolbox the device can't be found. So obviously something is going wrong when building this file. If I load the pre-compiled binary file that is provided the board works again. I have followed the lab step by step, even making a change to CPU_config.h that is needed for K64 MCUs. At this point I am not sure what to do. Anybody have any thoughts?

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would recommend customer to using Segger J-Link firmware to update FRDM-K64F board OpenSDA V2.

After that, the OpenSDA could works as J-Link tool, then customer could using to debug the code and program the board.

Below is how to enter into the Bootloader mode:

Enter Bootloader Mode

Disconnect all power, external circuits and USB cables.

Press and hold the button marked RESET (circled in picture)

Connect a USB cable as shown in the picture

The drive should mount named BOOTLOADER

The reset button can now be released

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haneybriggs
Contributor II

Our problem isn't actually connecting to the board. We are able to drag and drop binary files into the drive and the file will load. The problem we are having is using the Kinetis or Codewarrior IDE to create a working binary.

0 Kudos

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

So you mean everything is fine when you load the pre-compiled binary into K64 Freedom board, but you have problem to build either CW or KDS project and load the generated binary file into Freedom, right? Which IDE you use? CW or KDS? And are you trying USB interface or bluetooth interface?

Hao

0 Kudos

haneybriggs
Contributor II

Yes that is correct. We are using the KDS but have tried on both IDEs. And we are using USB interface.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello:

Just wanted to check if you still have issues so we can assist.

Does this happen with custom project or example project?

By default CW and KDS do not generate binary files, but you can enable the generation, so how did you set it?

Your initial post says:

...a binary file is built but if fails to load.

How are you loading the binary and what do you mean with "it fails to load"? Please elaborate on this (e.g. with a screenshot).

If you can share a project to recreate the issue that would be helpful.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

haneybriggs
Contributor II

Right now we are trying to follow part 7 of the AMF-CON-T0756_Sensor_Fusion.pdf that comes in the training documentation of the sensor fusion board. (Downloaded from the last link on this page: Sensor Fusion Development Kit|Freescale ) .  I am using the Kinetis IDE for this.  I follow the steps, to the point that it says to highlight the project and click build. I watched the console window as it goes through the build process and get the following error.

kinetis_consol_error.jpg

0 Kudos