cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when loading USB stack to DDR memory

Jump to solution
abhilash
Contributor II

I am having troble loading k 70 USB Stack to DDR memory.

When loading to DDR my program is getting halted at PLLINIT.

Please can any one help me with this issue

I am running bare board project in code warrior . Also i have used linker file and init file from KINETIS_120MHZ_SC .

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi abhilash,

Since I have provide a solution for this topic based on IAR, so the CW solution is similar, and even more simple. Please kindly refer to this thread first https://community.freescale.com/thread/308783, and modify the source code as it mentioned.

Then, change the linker file as below:

1.png

After compiling, you will have an output map file like that:

1.PNG

before downloading the application, you will have to modify the connection type of the debug configuration, there is a trick for it, you may open another CW project from KINETIS_120MHZ_SC, which contain the connection configuration for DDR debug, in the same workspace. then you may select the proper connection type based on the JTAG type you are using.

1.PNG

OK, with above steps, you may download the image into TWR-K70's DDR2 RAM, and run the application.

1.PNG

and found the device in the Device Manager:

2.PNG

Hope that helps,

B.R

Kan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi abhilash,

Since I have provide a solution for this topic based on IAR, so the CW solution is similar, and even more simple. Please kindly refer to this thread first https://community.freescale.com/thread/308783, and modify the source code as it mentioned.

Then, change the linker file as below:

1.png

After compiling, you will have an output map file like that:

1.PNG

before downloading the application, you will have to modify the connection type of the debug configuration, there is a trick for it, you may open another CW project from KINETIS_120MHZ_SC, which contain the connection configuration for DDR debug, in the same workspace. then you may select the proper connection type based on the JTAG type you are using.

1.PNG

OK, with above steps, you may download the image into TWR-K70's DDR2 RAM, and run the application.

1.PNG

and found the device in the Device Manager:

2.PNG

Hope that helps,

B.R

Kan

0 Kudos
abhilash
Contributor II

Tanks Kan

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos