cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPENSDA

ilginsarican
Contributor II

Hi,

I want to program and debug my custom PCB.

I am using MK60DN512VLL10 as processor.

What should I do to program and debug using the openSDA structure?

Do I have to use FRDM boards?

Or can I desing my own debugger using k20dx128vfm5 processor?

Simply I want to debug and program my PCB using USB.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ilginsarican
Contributor II

How can I use SPI/GPIO on openSDA application?What is the connections between SPI,GPIO and SWD?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that after you download bootloader, you cant use SWD to debug your own application. You can debug your code when you set address at 0x0.

SPI/GPIO are used by K20 to generate SWD/JTAG signal. You cant use them.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

ilginsarican
Contributor II

Hi again,

I want to know that,after downloading bootloader to k20dx128vfm5, can I program target mcu by using SWD/JTAG ?

Ekran Resmi 2018-03-18 23.37.55.png

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It sounds to me like there isn't a openSDA like circuit on you board. So the easy way is using a JLINK or P&E multilink or ulink. Of course you can build your own openSDA board. You can build it base on kinetis FRDM or TWR board. Then download the bin code from https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/kinetis-developer-resources/ides-f... 

I don't suggest you to use a FRDM board to debug your board. Because you have to do lots of cut and jump work.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

ilginsarican
Contributor II

Hi again,

Thanks for reply.

First of all I dont have too much knowledge about OpenSDA.

Yes I dont have openSDA on my board and I dont want to use  JLINK or P&E multilink or ulink.

I use MK60DN512VLL10 as processor.

Which bin code is suitable my processor?

I looked into TWR board's schematics,do I have to use k20dx128vfm5 for on-board debug circuit?

I want to program and debug MK60DN512VLL10 via USB,to provide this do I have to use k20dx128vfm5?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, you must use k20dx128vfm5 as the debugger. Your final target is MK60. It is meaningless to download openSDA source code and migrate to other MCU.
As to the firmware, you can use TWR-K22F120M. In the attachment picture, the black circle slect the bootloader. You should use a jlink/ulink or some other debug tools to download the bootloader to firmware. Afer that, you can connect k20 usb port. If the work is success, you can see a new disk appear in your computer system. The purple circle choose the application which works base on bootloader. Select one and drag and drop it to the new disk. Then your debugger is ready. Details can also be found in <Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK.pdf> which can be found in SDK package.opensda_download.png

Regards,

Jing