Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Solutions to OSD

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hello!,

I'm using this Kinetis mcu to my project MK66FN2M0VMD18

And I need to implement OSD (on-screen-display) in my project. What NXP Solutions there is for it.

Best regards

Javier

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear  Javier H,

Please check this application note Connecting Kinetis MCU with CMOS Sensor Interface through GPIO.

Also in the KSDK libraries from the components that have  FlexGPIO  you can found some examples of USB-Camera.

Please check this Application note  and let me know if it helped.

Have a great day

Best regards.

Jonathan

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.

I have read the AN. For test I have on my desktop similar CMOS sensor, OV5647 (raspberry pi camera v1 5Mpx). I already have the cable modified for use with the FRDM-K64F. Are 15 pins, these.

I have connected pins 1,4,7,10 (GND) ::  15 +3V3  ::  13,14  SCL0,SDA0 to the FRDM-K64F. 

Now I need to connect pins  2,3,5,6,8,9,11,12

CAM1_DN0       Data lane 0

CAM1_DP0

CAM1_DN1       Data lane 1

CAM1_DP1

CAM1_CN         Mipi Clock

CAM1_CP

CAM_GPIO

CAM_CLK

Which pins from FRDM-K64F can I use to connect them?

Best regards

0 Kudos

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

Hello,

PiCamera (OV5647) is MIPI D-PHY CSI-2.

csi.png

I found this AN "MIPI–CSI2 Peripheral on i.MX6 MPUs" AN5305  (I'm going to read it).

I am using PiCamera because I had it bought and I did not use it and I thought I can serve for a prototype that I have on my desktop that use the tests with the code of a desktop application written with JavaFX. I'm using it with FRDM-K64F. (I attach an image).

20170417_123107.jpg

FRDM-K64F :: FRDM-K64F-AGM01 :: BRKT-STBC-AGM01 :: Barometer ::  Nano GPS :: Distance sensor :: Buzzer :: 6000mAh Lipo battery :: DC/DC boost converter 3.7V>5V :: XBee Pro 868 long range. Everything works perfectly. I tried it with Mbed. Only I need to connect the camera.

My design is with K26F 169MAPBGA, I have the library and the footprint ready for KiCAD and I'm working on it with other components but I wanted to know alternatives to use video cameras without OSD and add the data (voltage, current, gps coordinates, accelerometer and others) with the K26F microcontroller then transmitted via RF Serial with XBee Pro 868 or other radios for the ISM band 868Mhz, 433Mhz or 900Mhz.

I have seen these days, a little, CMOS and CCD operation. Also the most commonly used CSI-1, CSI-2 and CSI-3 interfaces. Also the physical layers, D-PHY, C-PHY and M-PHY. But the truth I still have not clear which interface to use and if K26F can support them.

I am also confused because on the other hand the majority of cameras that are in the market for FPV work with a single cable for video.

For example this camera has a single cable for video output VID, and +5V and GND to power it. Why only use a cable? What kind of interface do use it? 
Is it possible to have a built-in microcontroller and send the video output to a UART TX port?

Best regards

0 Kudos

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

In AN4627 say:

NOTE It is significant for the eight GPIO port input pins to be sequential such that GPIO pin n is connected to data line [0] of the camera, and that GPIO pin n+7 is connected to data line [7].

I do not find 8 ports numbered sequentially in the FRDM-K64F (mbed pin names)

0 Kudos

javierhernande1
Contributor IV

I'm using mbed bootloader. In mbed I have see ModMAX7456,  Is there any alternative in NXP?  (For a new design).

Basically what I need is to capture the video from a CMOS/TTL camera from its 4 pins (tx, rx, 3v3, gnd), add text (gps latitude, longitude, altitude, radar distance, rssi and little else) then transmit it through XBee or FatShark transmitter  (tx, rx, 3v3, gnd).

0 Kudos