MSC SDcard direct access as external device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSC SDcard direct access as external device

JorgeLC
Contributor I

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone knows about an specific issue that I am facing with the MSC composite examples of the Kinetis Microcontroller series. More specifically, regarding the use and management of external uSD cards through USB MSC communication.

I am using the MK82FN256VLL15 micro-controller to control a sensing system that connects with the computer via USB. This system also integrates an external uSD card (SDHC) in which I record the data as a backup. As such, I use the functions from the "frdmk82f_dev_composite_cdc_msc_lite_bm" example UBS MSC connection to send that data independently to the PC.

I am able to initialize both the SD card and the USB, and I am also able to see the SD as an external disk device by the computer. The functions used to do this are are:
- "USB_DeviceMscCardInit"

- "USB_DeviceMscDiskInit"

To which I give the "g_composite" structure variable, as specified in the example. When I give the order to record, the data is correctly transferred through the USB. It also correctly records in the SD card in parallel, thanks to the functions provided in "disk.c", in the same example.

The thing is that, even when the system is streaming the data, the external uSD card is always visible as an "external device" in my PC's file explorer, due to the way the functions in the example work. I am trying to find a way to stop this, by maintaining the USB streaming configuration and the SD recording configuration, but stopping the "external device" visualization of the SD card from the PC when the system records data.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out the way to do it without disrupting the USB data streaming or the SD card data backup process.

Is there any function in this example or other libraries that could help with this specific issue?

If anyone has found the same issue, I am open to any option or suggestion that you might have. Maybe I overlooked some simple solution.

Sorry for the long question, and thanks beforehand.

0 Kudos
0 Replies