Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKM34Z256 Metering Applicaiton

Jump to solution
GanesanGuru
Contributor IV

Hi fellas,

I'm planning to work with MKM34Z256 MCU, for metering applicaitons. Also, I came across this, which suggests Application note software for AN4265 - Filter based metering. 

1. Which IDE should be chosen for metering applications? 
  2. How to incorporate metering libs like Application note software into those selected IDE's?
  3. Also, in DRM163's SW part,KM256SW1PHMET_R4_0_1_IAR.exe, I can see IAR Toolchain with number of math/frac/meterlibFFT files in it. How to start with it?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Q1)Which IDE should be chosen for metering applications?

>>>>The project is based on IAR IDE. You can unzip it to a directory by double clicking the *PHMET_R4_0_1_IAR.exe

After unzipping, the directory will be generated:

C:\Freescale\KM256SW1PHMET_R4_0_1\build\iar_7_40\projects\1phmetFFT

You can use the IAR to load the project to IAR

xiangjun_rong_0-1695719711709.png

xiangjun_rong_1-1695719754613.png

Because my IAR license has expired, so I have error when I compile the project.

Q2)How to incorporate metering libs like Application note software into those selected IDE's?

>>>>The FFT library is dependent the compiler, we have three library format based on iar,armgcc(Keil tools) and gcc. I copy the table from an4255.pdf

xiangjun_rong_2-1695719880889.png

Q3)Also, in DRM163's SW part,KM256SW1PHMET_R4_0_1_IAR.exe, I can see IAR Toolchain with number of math/frac/meterlibFFT files in it. How to start with it?

>>>>pls refer to Q1

Hope it is helpful

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

2 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Q1)Which IDE should be chosen for metering applications?

>>>>The project is based on IAR IDE. You can unzip it to a directory by double clicking the *PHMET_R4_0_1_IAR.exe

After unzipping, the directory will be generated:

C:\Freescale\KM256SW1PHMET_R4_0_1\build\iar_7_40\projects\1phmetFFT

You can use the IAR to load the project to IAR

xiangjun_rong_0-1695719711709.png

xiangjun_rong_1-1695719754613.png

Because my IAR license has expired, so I have error when I compile the project.

Q2)How to incorporate metering libs like Application note software into those selected IDE's?

>>>>The FFT library is dependent the compiler, we have three library format based on iar,armgcc(Keil tools) and gcc. I copy the table from an4255.pdf

xiangjun_rong_2-1695719880889.png

Q3)Also, in DRM163's SW part,KM256SW1PHMET_R4_0_1_IAR.exe, I can see IAR Toolchain with number of math/frac/meterlibFFT files in it. How to start with it?

>>>>pls refer to Q1

Hope it is helpful

BR

XiangJun Rong

GanesanGuru
Contributor IV

Hi @xiangjun_rong ,

Thanks a lot for your aid in explaining that the IDE was IAR. I was facing a tough time in analysing them. Also I'm indeed very happy for your another another highlighted hint, regarding the toolchain support/integration table in AN's. 

1. Hence, from AN4265SW I can create a project in Keil IDE (armgcc) / mcuxpresso IDE (gcc) and can add those integration table mentioned header & archive files and can create projects. Am i right @xiangjun_rong ?

Just being curious, the downloaded Software File for AN4265, - Filter based - has header & archieve files for all IAR/ARMCC/GCC Toolcha...

1. Similarly, form where can I find/download the software files for other application notes like AN4255.pdfAN4847.pdf?
  2. If I can locate those in future, am I free to incorporate the mentioned integration files in chosen IDE's like  Keil IDE (armgcc) / mcuxpresso IDE (gcc) ? 
0 Kudos