MKE14F: Where's UART Error interrupt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKE14F: Where's UART Error interrupt

michaelheidinge
Contributor III

Is it right, that there's no interrupt source assigned in the MKE14F to the UART1 communication error?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael Heidinger,

About the LPUART1 error interrupt, you can check the reference manual, LPCUART control register, there have these errors interrupt:

Noise Error Interrupt Enable

Framing Error Interrupt Enable

Parity Error Interrupt Enable

Overrun Interrupt Enable

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

michaelheidinge
Contributor III

But NVIC is missing interrupt error, or do i see it wrong?

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I see your point, in that while the LPUART has the 'error interrupt enable' bits, there is no independent vector for them --- but, as before, every error is again directly associated with an RDF indication --- all I can suppose is that the 'error interrupt' could give you an RX interrupt while your watermark has not yet been hit.

Since every error indication still involves reading from the DATA register, what are you hoping to gain from an independent interrupt vector (as opposed to just checking for any 'error indications' prior to data-register-offload in the RX interrupt handler)?

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Which is to say there are no errors that are not directly associated with receiving a character (RDRF set), so it is necessary and sufficient to read LPUARTx_STAT prior to LPUARTx_DATA to ascertain 'error' associated with the RX interrupt.

0 Kudos