cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K82 Debug Port - Enabling SWD

Jump to solution
greycon
Contributor II

I see from the K82 Ref Manual that the Debug Port comes up as JTAG after reset. But I am working with a FRDM-K82F eval board, for early prototyping, and it is set to SWD. But I can't find where in any of the code the K82 Debug Port is changed from JTAG to SWD.

Can you tell me how this is done? As I will ultimately need to do this on our future board.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi greycon,

Please refer "11.4.1 JTAG-to-SWD change sequence" of Kinetis K82: 150MHz Cortex®-M4F up to 256KB Flash (144pin)

11.4.1 JTAG-to-SWD change sequence.png

OpenSDA(debugger) has done this.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi greycon,

Please refer "11.4.1 JTAG-to-SWD change sequence" of Kinetis K82: 150MHz Cortex®-M4F up to 256KB Flash (144pin)

11.4.1 JTAG-to-SWD change sequence.png

OpenSDA(debugger) has done this.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
greycon
Contributor II

Ah, openSDA - of course! Many thanks for your reply Robin.

Cheers,

Con

0 Kudos