Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis FTM PWM support

Jump to solution
lucas_zhou
Contributor I

Hi all,

The FlexTimer module (FTM) is a two to eight channel timer that supports the generation of PWM signals.

I have a question that the frequency of PWM can set in different value each channel?

Thanks in advance,Lucas.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Lucas, the Flextimer module has only 1 prescale factor selection register per module hence all channels will run at the same frequency

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Pedro is correct, but the real problem with what you want to do is that there is only one modulo counter per  module.

You set a register that causes a counter to reset at a certain count, so the overall period is determined by the clock/pre-scaler and the reset value in the modulo register. The PWM channels have a compare register that is compared to the counter value and set/reset the PWM outputs at counter reset and the compare value.

0 Kudos
lucas_zhou
Contributor I

Hi Jim

Does it means i can use configure PWM outputs in different frequency in each channel if i configure compare register?

Thanks !!

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

The compare register for each channel only set the duty cycle for that channel.

The single modulo register for the single counter determines the frequency,

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Lucas, the Flextimer module has only 1 prescale factor selection register per module hence all channels will run at the same frequency

0 Kudos
lucas_zhou
Contributor I

Hi Pedro

I get it ! Thank you!!

0 Kudos